Saturday, November 12, 2005

Regarding our Agency

Okay, I think I need to clarify something. Our adoption agency is more or less a lawyer/facilitator. The agency that is giving me problems regarding the home study is a separate agency, licensed by the state to approve home studies. Basically, the people that are helping us find a match with a birthmom are not the same people who are in charge of updating the home inspection part of the homestudy.

So we will be doing all the home inspection update stuff and we will probably do the CPR class real soon too. It's good to be CPR certified, I was years ago when I was a teenager. It's the point of the matter. They are not really doing it for the child's best interest, if that was the case, both parents would have to be CPR certified and they would make you promise to only leave the child in the care of someone who was CPR certified. The first aid thing I still think is a joke but as some of you have pointed out, we can probably find a class that does CPR/First Aid in the same day. It all boils down to feeling like I'm being punished for catching them in a lie. If I find out that other parents who were home study approved, by H4K back around May or earlier, are also having to go through this than I will let you all know that they are not punishing me.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, November 12, 2005 6:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diane - that's a bit off. You said you read Deanna's post "off & on" and it obvious that you don't know her well.

She isn't going to be an "angry mother". She's been through a lot in the last couple of months and you really are idiotically off base.

Are you a real therapist or do you just like to see little bits of people and judge them quickly? Do you do that every where you go in life? What kind of mother does that make you, I wonder?

ugh.

(((Deanna)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home