Monday, November 21, 2005

Of all the things

So I went to the dog trial yesterday. Gracie was so much better! She was second on sheep and earned her last qualifying score for her title. She now has her advanced herding title from the AKC sanctioning body. Which makes her GRACE I, HXAs. She also won her duck class! After her duck class I sat down to eat a burger and diet coke with my friends who came to watch her. I had a few bites of my burger and then I took a sip of diet coke and felt the bee in my throat! Gross!!! So I spit him back up but I could feel he had stung me. I was okay, it stung like it would if you had been stung on the hand but I wasn't feeling any swelling right away. An older lady there who I know had some Benadryl in her RV so I took four of them. About 10 minutes later I could feel it starting to swell so I called Alex and told him to meet me at the emergency so he could take care of he dog. By the time I got to the hospital I couldn't swallow and I was getting pretty scared. I couldn't talk to fill out the forms so he had to give them my info. They gave me a couple of shots and after about an hour the swelling was going down and I was feeling good enough to talk and swallow a little. The crazy part was I kept on feeling like there was still something in my throat. My dog trainer said it was the stinger from the bee. I think he was right! About 5:30 Alex made me something to eat because I was starving from not eating all day. I had a tiny bite of some noodles and I thought it felt okay, so I tried another bite and then I realized something, the lump that I'd felt in my throat all day was smaller and my throat felt smooth! I think the noodle help take the stinger out. Disgusting but true!

I feel fine today. The shot of Benadryl and the prednisone shot they gave me at the hospital made me feel tired and weird so I hit the sheets by 7:00 pm last night. That's two weekends in a row that I've been at an emergency, Grace at the veterinarian's emergency last Sunday and me this Sunday.

4 Comments:

At Monday, November 21, 2005 6:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you're okay! How scary! I'm glad that you're not really allergic to bee stings, because that could have been tradgic.

 
At Monday, November 21, 2005 6:42:00 AM, Blogger Dennise said...

That is so awful! I hate bees. I am glad that Gracie and you are feeling better.

 
At Monday, November 21, 2005 8:45:00 AM, Blogger Foxxy One said...

OMG! How scary! Glad you are ok.

 
At Monday, November 21, 2005 10:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home