Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Bars Off!

My brother came over today and took the bars that were on the windows off. He has two windows to do in the morning. I drove around the neighborhood last weekend, looking to see if anyone else had bars on their windows, nope! Mrs. F had them put on shortly after her husband died when she was 79-years-old. It made her feel safe even though the neighbor is a sheriff and this is as safe a neighborhood as anybody could want. It must have cost her a fortune! It made us feel unsafe. I know there are emergency kick plates that pop the bars off but it still made me feel funny with them up, I worried about a fire in the middle of the night.

I'm almost done refinishing the pool table. Once that is done I think I will bravely start to work on the nursery. I've not wanted to go into that room since we have been in this house, it reminds me of what we don't have. The boxes full of baby things are still packed in cardboard boxes. The beautiful rug that I purchased is rolled up and up against the wall, I don't even want to lay it out and see it. The little boy outfits that I purchased for the baby boy I thought would be ours are still on hangers. I hope to have a baby boy or girl, wear them one day soon.

It's time to start moving on. I'm feeling more like myself lately and it feels good. I've got every weekend between now and the second weekend in December filled with activities, mostly with my dog Grace. Keeping busy helps.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, November 10, 2005 5:42:00 AM, Blogger Foxxy One said...

I'm glad you are feeling better (and got those bars off the windows!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home