Comments & Funny Story
First I want to thank everyone for the wonderful comments I have received on this blog lately. I really can't begin to explain how nice it is to check my email and read such comforting words from people who have been through what we are going through or from those of you who just care about what Alex and I are feeling. You guys rock! Thank you so much.
On another note, I thought I would share something funny to make your Friday a bit lighter.
We live in a community was originally developed and has stay almost exclusively as a retirement area for the past 50 years. I'm not exaggerating, it has only been in the last 3 years that it's been welcoming in a new crowd of younger citizens. The town's claim to fame ... it was the first town ever to have an actual mobile home park. I forget what year that was but it something folks in these parts probably still remember. I kid you not, at least 50% of the neighbors on our street don't have lawns, they have rock patterns. I drove down a street the other day where they actually still had the green rocks (made to look like lawn).
So I got up early to go to Stater Bros this morning. In most towns there wouldn't be a whole lot of people at Stater Bros at 7:00 am, but here there were quite a few older people getting a start on their day. Evidently the majority of those people require the carts that your drive. In fact, this morning there was a shortage of carts to drive, which lead to a mini riot at the Stater Bros. I kid you not, this guy got mad because a older, heavy-set lady took the last motor-cart. The other three were already in service around the store. He yelled at the lady, claiming she "didn't need a cart, she just needed to loose weight" and then he yelled at the young checker who almost couldn't keep a straight face. It was hysterical. He refused to except a cup of coffee from the manager while they waited for another motor-cart to come back in from the aisles. He was more content yelling. I pulled my eyes away long enough to grab the three or four items I needed and headed back to the check out line when I saw another man, much older and bent almost from the waist over, nearly waving his three-pronged cane at the Stater Bros manager for, "not having a damn enough carts around this damn place". I lost it, the checker in my line lost it. We were trying not to laugh but it was like we were in a Mel Brooks film.
It really was a great way to start a Friday!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home