We Made An Offer!
Fist things first- I added a link to my email. If you have any questions about inducing lactation, email me and I'll give you my phone number or I can email you back to a real email address.
Well, I don't know how any two people could be anymore in tune with each other than Alex & I. We switched gears 180 degrees from looking at 10 acres of property and building a home to buying a fixer-uper on .25 acres, all in one day. It came down to money, which it always does. I really don't want to work a regular job, not even from home, once we have a baby home. I'll still keep my photography business and do some press release writing for clients but beyond that, I don't want to be in any kind of sales business. I currently make a very decent living, so giving up that income would be hard if we were strapped with payments on 10 acres of property, plus a construction loan. So we put the brakes on that idea and decided to look for houses in an old area that is on the cusp of becoming a new, booming area.
When we first got married and we started looking for homes, I was all about finding the worst house on the best street. Not Alex, he didn't think he was handy and didn't think we could afford to make the remodel and repairs that we would want. Jump ahead two years, better jobs and more skills at fixing things and all of a sudden he has jumped on the "worst house-best street" band wagon. Yesterday, we found the worst house, with the most potential, on the best street. This house is going to kick ass! It's 21oo square feet, 3 bedroom, 2 bath on the end of a cul-de-sac on a .25 acre lot. It is very, very dated, totally 70's decorated but it will be awesome when we knock out walls, tear off paneling and redo things. We are going to make this house awesome! So we put an offer in, $15,900 under their asking price. We will see where they counter us. I'm just amazed we even put an offer in on a house!
The open house at our place went well yesterday. I guess about 15 people came buy and two couples were interested in it. Couple A and Couple B both said they would be putting offers in today. We shall see.
I'm off to meet my boss for a meeting with another big wig. He flew in from New York this morning and I've got to entertain him all day. Luckily it will be where my dad is working so I can take my dog and leave her with Grandpa. The two little dogs can stay at home in the side yard. That way people can come look at the house without being covered by little dog tongues! They are not happy about being "kennel" dogs! Poor babies.
2 Comments:
Oh - good luck on your offer!!! I am living in that hell of huge housepayment, construction costs, and feeling "trapped" in my job because of it. I think there is a very big benefit to what you are doing. And, if you can fix it up, you will stand to make a lot of money when your time comes to sell. Good luck !!!!
I just wanted to wish you good luck on your offer. I am keeping my fingers crossed!!
Post a Comment
<< Home