Sunday, August 07, 2005

Poncho and Lefty

I have finally found a name for my boobs besides "The Hounds". I used to take my bra off in the evenings and yell, "release the hounds". I'm rather well endowed, plus I'm short, 4'11", which makes my tatas look very bodacious. The "big dogs", or "hounds" seemed like a good name for the "girls". I saw an Oprah show with Dolly Parton being interviewed and I got the bigest kick out of Dolly calling her boobs, "weapons of mass destruction". Individually she called them "Shock" and "Awe".

Since I started pumping again I have noticed that the right boob produces more milk than the left boob. This morning I noticed I was humming a tune while pumping and darn if it wasn't one of my favorite songs, Poncho and Lefty, by Merle Haggard. (I actually like Willy Nelson's version better, but Merle wrote it). I know this because, well, never mind.

So "righty" will now be called Poncho! She deserves a special name as she is working hard to produce liquid gold. The total amount coming out of Poncho per pumping session is still only a thimble full but it's that much every session. Hopefully Lefty will kick in and produce more than half a thimble full in the next couple of days. Week after next I'm going to start collecting all the thimbles full of milk and freezing it. Hopefully by then they will be more than thimbles I'm collecting.

3 Comments:

At Sunday, August 07, 2005 8:12:00 AM, Blogger Carol P said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!! I'm dying laughing over here! Frankily, I think Shock and Awe is fabulous, but you don't want to steal names, right? Good luck to Poncho!!! May she be a good little producer for you.

 
At Monday, August 08, 2005 5:41:00 AM, Blogger Foxxy One said...

Would you mind chatting with me about this breast feeding thing? I'm very interested but I don't know where to start.

 
At Tuesday, August 09, 2005 6:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

miss you...a few people asked about you on the other site! I pmed them and gave you your bog! Love your breast names! LOL I stopped nursing cold turkey because my doctor said it was not a good idea to nurse (I was nursing at night and in the morning) and be pregnant! My son is still very much upset!

We miss you and keep us updated!

God Bless,
Summer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home