Thursday, August 18, 2005

Normalcy

Normalcy is already beginning to take shape in my life in the past 24 hours. The mere thought of being able to quit my job was enough to make me feel happy and normal again. It didn't really set in until this afternoon that I'm going to quit my job tomorrow with no job to go to. Just quit, go about my life without a full time job. I can't remember a time ever that I wasn't going to school or working or doing both. I can't tell you the amount of pressure I no longer feel. I feel thinner, sexier, smarter and healthier than I've felt in over a year. I enjoyed my husband more today than I have in a few months. We had a lovely dinner and a great time this evening, soaking up each other and the reality that we are doing really well and that we are really happy. Yes, I said it out loud, even without a baby right now, I felt really happy and whole tonight. Don't get me wrong, I'm still the neurotic baby crazed woman I was the other day when I posted my stupid vent, but I am a happy, relaxed crazy woman.

It also dawned on both Alex and I that we can now take a vacation. Because I had started this dreaded job of which I am now quitting, in March, I wasn't going to get a vacation this year. Now, I can go and spend some quiet time with my hubby on a warm beach some where, sipping drinks and soaking up the sun. We are thinking Belize. Anyone ever been? Any thoughts on a good place for us to vacation. It needs to be a location with less than 12 hours travel time to the US, just in case we get that call about a baby. See, I told you I was still a neurotic, baby crazed woman.

3 Comments:

At Friday, August 19, 2005 5:41:00 AM, Blogger Foxxy One said...

You should look into St. Martin. It's pure heaven! I've been there about 6 times and I can tell you where to stay, where to eat, what beaches to go to, where to shop.

 
At Friday, August 19, 2005 7:47:00 AM, Blogger Dennise said...

How about the Camayan Islands..I love it there..beautiful..

 
At Friday, August 19, 2005 12:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anywhere but Aruba...we don't want you disappearing!

Momofmykids (from Teatime)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home