Wednesday, August 31, 2005

No news is good news...?

So I still haven't spoken with Jake's bmom yet. I'm getting a little worried about that. I know she has a lot on her plate now but it's been a week since we were matched and I really want to hear from her and get a feeling about how strong this match is. It feels very real to me but I'm anxious about all of this. He is only 5 weeks away from being with us (give or take a week or two). He really could be here in 3 weeks and everything would be fine. Except I would be in the middle of moving. Which would be great because then I could lift a baby instead of boxes!

On another note I'm meeting with the big boss today. He flew in from New York yesterday and is going to interview some replacement people including the guy who had the job before me who was dying of cancer and is now doing fantastic! Keep your fingers crossed that he gets his job back. I really want that for him. I think it's best for his health to be working and feeling like a normal person again. Long story short, the chemotherapy almost killed him, not the cancer. He was so sick he was on morphine and hospice was coming to his home daily. They finally took him off all the chemo because they thought he was pretty much going to die in a matter of days. Well, miracles of miracles, he got better and continues to improve. He still has stage 4 cancer but right now he isn't on any drugs and he feels pretty good. I wish him the best, he is a great guy and he was very good at his job.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 31, 2005 12:54:00 PM, Blogger Foxxy One said...

I hope you hear from her soon and I hope your friend gets the job :)

 
At Wednesday, August 31, 2005 2:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summer wants to say I hope you hear from her soon also:)

God Bless,
Summer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home