Milk & Free Babies
Here are the answers to some of the questions asked after my last two posts.
Baby Zone wasn't giving out free babies! Sorry to disappoint you. The body of the email explained that they were offering Free Baby Bibs. Evidently the word Bib was cut off in the subject line. I'm sorry I failed to mention that in the first post.
Milk is still coming in, I pumped again last night and got a few more drops. Yes, I will start freezing my milk once I get more than an eye dropper full. Although I have read about women using and eye dropper to collect their "Liquid Gold" and then freeze it.
I am taking Domperidone to help with induction. There are herbs and stuff you can take also, I just tend to be cautious of some herbs because I break out in rashes from certain kinds sometimes. The Domperidone is not approved by the FDA, so I have to buy it from New Zealand or Canada. Two lactation consultants who were also RN's, said Domperidone is a lot safer than the stuff approved by the FDA for sale in the U.S., Reglan. I have no side effects at all from the Dom and it is not a hormone. If I understood right, it was originally created for stomach ailments and is still used for that everywhere but the U.S.
On my links section I've put a whole new section on inducing lactation. It really is marvelous to be able to offer even a tiny bit of breastmilk to our adopted babies. It will help with all kinds of immune problems, allergies, etc. I have also purchased a Lact Aid which means I can use formula and still feed him or her via the good 'ol boob. There's a lot more to breastfeeding than the milk. Women have been able to successfully breastfeed babies they adopted from other countries who were 7 or 10 or more months old. It helps with bonding and gives one-on-one mom time. Right now I'm reading a great booked called "So That's What These Are For".
I don't want to sound like a Lactivist but if you read up on breastfeeding you'll become a huge fan! I'm starting to believe that breastfeeding is better or more important for my kid than a good school. Researchers have proven that breastfed children have higher IQ's! Can you tell I wasn't breastfed?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home