How does this sound?
Dear Mr. J.,
Last week G****D******** ( a co-worker almost boss) asked me an interesting question, “If you knew when you were hired for this job, exactly what it would be like, would you still have taken the job”? I was a bit thrown by the question, and the timing of the question, so I probably didn’t answer as honestly as I should have. The answer is no, I wouldn’t have. For this reason I would like you to consider this my official notice of resignation.
My decision to leave *** Co. is based on a few factors none of which being my co-workers, everyone has been wonderful to work with. My reasons stem from a lack of success in areas that I think ***.Co. wants to see sales develop. My sales success in the ****has always come via a personal relationship with industry professionals who respected my opinion and knew that I had their best interest in mind when I solicited ads from them. They knew I was asking them to spend their money the same way I would spend my own money. This enabled me to not only help clients but also to grow revenue, a win-win for all parties involved. The non-endemic businesses don’t understand my association with the *** industry, nor do they view my opinion important or relevant to their advertising scheduling.
This makes my niche of sales expertise obsolete and has basically tied my hands when it comes to encouraging
non-endemics to advertise or increase advertising with ***Co..
Our house has recently sold and we are expecting a quick escrow. For that reason and out of respect for *** Co., I
have decided to resign before you had to incur the cost of switching phone numbers, printing new business cards, etc. I fully intend on working with you however you might need me between now and September 2, my final day of employment. I will not be going to work for another employer, but rather freelance media buying for some of your current clients in the
business and continuing with my photography business. I’m excited about the ability to work with *** Co. again, from
the other side of the desk and I look forward to continuing the
wonderful relationship we have started.
Kind Regards,
DeannaSo what do you think? Since I haven't handled myself with a lot of class over the past week or so, I want to make sure I leave this job in a classy, professional way. Trust me, there were about 100 complaints I wanted to make about them, but a resignation letter isn't the place to do it!
2 Comments:
I think this is a beautiful LOR and if I was in your HR department, I would definately keep the door open to you (which is what you want). Very professional!
I agree with Julie! I miss you email me..I lost your email! I want to fill you in on somethings!
Summer
Post a Comment
<< Home