Thursday, August 04, 2005

Got Milk?

I DO!!!

I started pumping Tuesday night and only got a few clear drops out of both of the girls. Yesterday, the same. This morning... milk, good 'ol regular milk. The milk was little golden and thick, colostrum looking I think. By the third pumping today it was looking more like regular milk. My right tit seems to be a better producer than the left tit. Both are handling the pumping schedule pretty well, I'm not sore yet and I'm trying to pump for 10 minutes 5 times a day. It should be no problem as I've already got my 3rd "milking" in today. I'm only getting drops right now, not ounces, but I'm getting enough that I have to have a paper towel handy to wipe up.

My tits are going to have the most supple nipples ever as I have followed the advice of other adoptive moms who have induced lactation and started rubbing olive oil on them prior to pumping. Greasing them up cuts down on the pulling from the suction.

My goal is to make every Holstein cow in California jealous and green with envy with my production. I may not have a baby and I may not have a baby in sight right now, but I'm sure I'll have milk when he or she arrives.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, August 04, 2005 4:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can also once your milks comes in start pumping it and saving it in your freezer for up to six months. Just an idea....so that you can give the baby when it arrives 100% of the milk from you!

God Bless,
Summer

When I was nursing I ordered these bottles that you pump right into and than freeze so easy!!!

 
At Thursday, August 04, 2005 4:51:00 PM, Blogger Foxxy One said...

May I ask - are you taking to induce lactation or just pumping?

 
At Friday, August 05, 2005 4:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breastmilk is good in the freezer for a year, not six months.

 
At Sunday, August 07, 2005 7:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you produce colostrum without giving birth?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home