The boss called
He wants me to keep my job. He spent 45 minutes on the phone with me and I really think he would have taken the red eye from NY to CA in order to speak with me in person if he thought he could have made me stay. I guess I am wanted. Now I really don't know what to do. I told him I would think on it over night. He said he is willing to make some changes in order to make things better for me but he didn't get into specifics. I think the only change he really would need to make is taking sales out of the job description!
Her is my list in order of importance
Job Pros:
- The Money
- Working from home
- Keeping my photography business
- Knowing they want me and think I'm doing a good job
- Not having to worry about money at all.
- Ego - this job is a big feather in my cap and adds a lot to my resume
Job Negatives:
- I hate it
- Feeling like I'm not good at my job, feeling inadequate
- Working a full time job with "regular" hours, especially if a baby comes, even though it is a home office job.
- Not being able to start a media buying/consulting business (even though the business will never generate this kind of money).
- Being angry with people every time the phone rings
- I HATE sales
Maybe I should see a shrink or one of those motivational type people who can brain wash me to like sales. Any thoughts out there. I could use some help!
3 Comments:
I'm in sales and it's an art form. Some people are great photograhers, some people are wonderful painters, some people are amazing sales people. Just like other art forms - you either have the talent for it or you don't. Sure you can fake it but when push comes to shove - if you have the talent - you will enjoy it and succeed.
See if your boss is willing to take the sales aspect out of the job. If so, you have it made in the shade. If not, move on. Your mental health isn't worth it.
Are you for real?? You make six figures but hate job. Cant wait to quit, help me with my resignation letter. Upset because you dont hear from them. Get offer to work on new account in 4.5 hrs. Your old boss calls back and tries to get you to change you mind. (This happens all the time btw) Now you dont know what to do. Get real!
I have to agree...making six figueres from home is hard to do these days. You don't have a baby yet, I would keep the job you owe them at least a year it seems to me for all that you have done. Unless you have a baby in your home not working seems kind of pointless if you ask me. But if you hate your job why did you take it?
Post a Comment
<< Home