First Phone Call
So we had our first phone call today with our birthmother, M. I'm so excited and relieved. She's a very cute girl personality wise. She was extremely nervous, I was a little nervous but not as much as I thought I would be, I was more emotional than anything else. Alex was his charming self. She doesn't want this baby. She is working 50 + hours a week making $7 an hour and supporting a 3 1/2-year-old. She is an assistant manager of a hotel and she is supposed to get her own hotel to manage in February. She couldn't do that with an infant. It seems like her family is supportive of her decision to place the baby for adoption. She thinks she's having a boy. She said her sleep pattern was different with this child compared to her first child. She's very Texan, she used "Yall" a couple of times and I just loved it! She got a little emotional but not when she was speaking about the baby, more about when she was speaking about the trauma she had with her family over her first pregnancy. Her family disowned her when she announced she was pregnant. Her parents told her siblings they weren't to talk to her or support her with any money. She ended up "going along with their plan" and she married the baby's father. She divorced him when he cheated on her with her best friend. She said she went through a party stage and is just now starting to really focus on her child and her career and her life. I really think this girl is on the right track. I don't know why but I'm proud of her. Not just for choosing adoption but for wanting to be a good mom to her little girl and for wanting to better her career. It sounds like she is growing up. It's a wonderful feeling to be part of her life, especially during this time. I feel so close to her already. She finds out on the 26th if she is having a boy or girl. She thinks she is having a boy. It won't be long before we find out!
3 Comments:
Hi Deanna,
I'm so glad your phone call with the birthmom went well. I met you on Adoption Forums and have been following your story. It is exciting to hear your good news! I wish you the best of luck with your adoption plans.
By the way, you've inspired me to start my own blog. I wrote my first two entries today. :)
Glad it went well!!
Glad it went well!
Post a Comment
<< Home