Another conversation with M!
So I had another conversation with M today. I called her and she was so ready to chat with me. Finally my phone went dead and before I knew it, she called me back. It was great to hear all about her. I know Chinese food is her favorite, I know where she likes to shop. I know what bath products she uses and I know that when her daughter is in earshot of the phone you have to spell a lot of words, especially the word Z.O.O. Because she really likes the zoo. I know her daughter is already in size 5T even though she is not yet 4-years-old. I learned that M's mother had four babies in the month of October and that her daughter is named after her sister who passed away at age 12. I know her dad was a pilot for American Airlines and her mother worked for Southwest. I learned all kinds of things about her hopes and dreams and why she left her husband. I know she looks exactly like her mother but acts a little like her father. I learned that she is completely honest and open with me about everything I've asked so far. If she were a guy and I was single, I'd date her! LOL
This is like dating, it's like a blind date from an internet match. First you learn about the person from letters (in this case a letter to us) then you make the first phone call and get most of the jitters out, then you make the next call and get to know them even better. Pretty soon I'm sure Alex and I will be flying to Texas to take her and her daughter to the z.o.o. I just hope instead of marriage, we end up with a baby.
When I checked my email I saw that she had written me after our first conversation today but before she had called me back. This is part of what her email said: I'm glad you are happy and you are willing to except my baby. I know this is a long journey and you sometimes will be wondering if this is really going to happen for you. I have no intentions of changing my mind. As I said Wednesday, I am not ready to be a mother of two.
It went on to tell me about how many hours she has to work and how she's cut back to just one job so that she can be a good mom. She likes to write, she journals a lot and while she's not a great speller, she enjoys the feeling of writing. I think I'll send her a new journal. So on this wonderful Friday night I think I can finally dream about a baby a little. It's starting to feel real. She said tonight, well we get to find out what we are having on the 27th. That felt so good to hear. Please don't wake me up if this is a dream but if it is going to turn into a nightmare, pinch me now.
Other good news, my new blog friend Julie is getting a baby boy! She just found out today and got photos and everything. Congrats to you Julie!
2 Comments:
Sounds great!! I hope both you and M get what they want.
Hey, I'm writing from home :) Thanks for the shout out and I'm so glad your conversation are going so well. She really sounds like she has her head together! I'm so very excited for you. M sounds like she is a wonderful Mom.
Post a Comment
<< Home