19 Minutes from a Taco
So we went in this morning for an ultrasound and an IUI. I thought for sure Dr. N is retarded and that there was no way my teeny tiny follicles were about to erupt with that precious egg. Despite Dr.'s orders yesterday afternoon to have sex we were too tired and not quite in the rite mood after being at a funeral. Besides I thought to myself, there is no way I'm going to ovulate today, tomorrow or the next day.
Looks like I owe $100. Although I noticed there were no takers on my bet (see previous post) so I think I'm off the hook. Dr. N wanded me and said, "see that, signs of ovulation". Looks like you just ovulated although I can't tell if the egg has been released yet. Since the egg lives 24 or so hours and we know I hadn't ovulated 20 hours before, it looks like our IUI timing is perfect. Everyone, all together keep your fingers and toes crossed.
The funniest part of the adventure today was my wonderful Alex and his humor. First, we didn't want him to give a "specimen" until after I had been wanded and proven ready for IUI. So, once they gave us the okay, I said to Alex, "go get a cup". After he had given his deposit they told us it would be 40 - 45 minutes. We decided to get a bite to eat and the office said they would call us when everything was ready. So we went for Mexican food. We both had carnitas tacos, the little authentic ones with green salsa, onions and cilantro. Just before we were finished the nurse calls and said, "the embryologist will be done in 5 to 10 minutes". Alex says we'll be there in 10 to 15 minutes. We both looked at our watches and made a mental note of the time, I don't know why but we did. Off we dash to the office, strip off my clothes, throw my feet in the stirrups and hopefully get pregnant. It took no time at all, in fact in only took us 12 minutes from the time we got the call till the time we made it back to the office.
As we left the office after the IUI, we were both a little quite. I was in serious thought about how important it is for me to become a mom and how I really hope this adoption and this IUI both turn into babies in my arms. My wonderful Alex seeing the tension on my face looks over at me and says, "19 minutes".
"19 minutes"? I asked
"Yes, 19 minutes from taco to insemination" he said.
And off we went to spend a leisurely afternoon. I sure love that man of mine. He'll never know how much.
1 Comments:
I think he knows :) Very cute story and I hope this is the one for you!
Post a Comment
<< Home