Quack with a capital Q!
So I went to the shrink today. What a fucking joke that was. I left there feeling 100-times worse than when I went in. Firstly, she said I was over reacting. Hello... are shrinks supposed to say that? Secondly she told me she was sorry I was having such a hard time and she's sorry she isn't able to help me... are they supposed to say that? Third, when she was trying to get pregnant, her gynecologist blew her Fallopian tubes out and boom she got pregnant with her daughter right after that... "had my doctors tried that yet"? Fourth, I needed to learn to be patient because "what other options are there besides being patient"? Fifth, and this was out of her 1942 college text book I'm sure, "I must be frustrated by this because I feel like less of a woman not being able to conceive". I couldn't fucking believe it. I kept thinking where is this going, when is the helping me part supposed to kick in.
So that will teach me to go the cheap route and find a shrink through insurance instead of referral. So I will be taking the actual assvice of Julie which was to get a recommendation from my RE's office.
Speaking of Re's, since today is CD3 I called to make an appointment at 8:00 am. Since nobody called me back, I finally called back at 3:10 pm and got an appointment for tomorrow morning in the worst possible traffic time. Oh the joy of fighting traffic just to get wanded while on my period. I will however speak to Dr. A about a real shrink referral, someone who specializes in "people who over react when they can't get pregnant".
Not to dwell on the stupid-quack-whore but it's my blog so I will; when she said I was over reacting I just wanted to yell out you fucking whore what do you know. But instead I just looked shocked and at there in silence. I think you could here crickets chirping in the background. Lesson learned! I won't go to a random shrink again.
So now, I'm going to stop working for the day and take an aspirin, I have a big headache and I'm still sad. My house is still a mess and I still hate my job. Oh joy, tomorrow is another day.
2 Comments:
WHAT THE FUCK!!!! Is this idiot claiming to specialize in infertility? If so, please please please warn everyone you know about her. Overreacting??? I'll show her overreacting when I put my foot up her ass.
To answer your questions.....
No, they are not supposed to say you are overreacing
Yes, if she feels (at the end of a session) that she cannot help you, then she has a responsibility to tell you so.
No, she is not supposed to suggest medical procedures.
She's a complete and utter idiot.
My sessions w/the Infertility Psychologist (if you are anywhere near Philadelphia - I will give you her number) were more of a conversation about my diagnosis and what they meant (in detail) and what my opinions were, how I felt about my opinions, determining what I was comfortable with and why. How to mourn the loss of my fertility (hugely important), book recommendations.
I hope you find someone soon. HUGS!
opinions = options - sorry - was upset for you.
Post a Comment
<< Home