Friday, June 17, 2005

Graduation & Family

Alex's niece, Nichole graduated from high school last night. Boy, did I get lucky when I married Alex, because I married the coolest family too. His sister and her two girls are great. Nichole graduated with high honors, 4.0 GPA. She also has a more than part time job, which helped her pay for her car herself and a very nice, although older, boyfriend. I've never seen a girl so kind to a little sister. Amanda is 10 and is a character, a little chunky, more personality than any 10 year should have, and smart as a whip. Nichole is 5' 9" and absolutely gorgeous! She gets prettier every time I see her.

It dawned on me last night how family is just family no matter how it develops. Alex's sister Holly was adopted by Alex's dad but is the bio child of his mom (they are half-siblings). But nobody has every really talked about this and Alex didn't really know until about 2 years ago. That's how much of a non-issue it is. Nichole has a bio dad but has taken on her mom' husband's last name and calls him dad. I think he has been around since she was 7 years old. Holly's step kids, 3 girls, who live about 10 hours away are considered Holly's girls. When I first met Alex he said he had 5 nieces. This family excepts people so quickly and genuinely. It really is amazing and refreshing. We had a great time last night except Alex has a tooth ache today and has to go to the dentist, poor guy. He is not a wimp so for him to stay home from work today, I know he is hurting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home