Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Big Fight with Dad

So I had a huge fight with my dad yesterday in part regarding our adoption. He always asks about any news, which I appreciate, but I've dropped little hints about how if I know anything, I'll be sure to share it. Well yesterday morning when he asked I said, "no news, when there is I'll let you know" to which he replied, "Christ, this is taking a long time!" Boy, did that sting. I explained to him that it is not taking a long time that it could be anywhere from two days to a year before we get matched and that isn't a "long time". He said something like "don't get snappy with me" to which I said "just don't ask about it". I wasn't nice about the way I said that, so it turned into a huge fight.

I know he doesn't get it and I should be more patient with him but it just stabs me to the bone when people ask all the time. I don't know why we haven't been picked? I guess we are not all appealing to any birthmoms. I keep going over my mantra, "the right baby, the baby meant for us, will find us". But I wonder sometimes if I'm just kidding myself.

I still haven't heard back from Peggy at the adoption agency regarding my email and the questions I had in it. I asked how many times our profile has been shown and I asked if we should change our scrapbooks. Hopefully she'll contact me today sometime or I'm going to have to call and I don't want to be a bitch and call. I just want to be presented to birthmoms that are looking for a couple like us. I mean what's not to like?

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 15, 2005 2:05:00 PM, Blogger Foxxy One said...

And you will be a Mom! I like to say that our children will be B'Shert. It's a Hebrew term that means "predestined". My husband was my B'Shert. My child will be my B'Shert and your child will be your B'Shert.

Be patient with your father. He asks because he cares. I went through a spell where my mom didn't ask anything. I don't know which is worse.

Good job on blogging! I hope you don't mind me adding you to my bloglines.

Julie

 
At Sunday, June 19, 2005 8:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog and I'll add you too!

Hope you get a match soon. It is so hard to be patient when all you want to do is have your child NOW. Trust me. I know. I am going crazy over here. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home